Pharmacy Dispenser at King Faisal Hospital Rwanda (KFHR): (Deadline 25 October 2022)
Patient centered care
King Faisal Hospital, Rwanda, “A center of excellence in health service provision, clinical education and research”.
This is an exciting time for King Faisal Hospital, Rwanda as we embrace a new strategic direction.
The hospital has continued to grow due to its positive reputation for authentic compassionate health care and highly skilled medical practitioners, especially in specialized surgical and medical services.
King Faisal Hospital Kigali is looking for suitable candidate to fill the following position
|POSITION||COMPETENCY REQUIREMENT||KEY RESPONSIBILITIES||No|
|2. Pharmacy Dispenser.||EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· She/he must have a Diploma (A1 or Ao) in Pharmacy Dispenser.
· He /She should have a minimum of 3 years of working experience in complex and busy Hospital.
· Registered with a relevant professional body.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
o Strategically minded with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
o Proficiency in Microsoft excel
o Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
o Excellent organizational and managerial skills.
o Strong ability to give attention to detail and to perform multiple tasks at the same time
o Good negotiation and persuasion skills
· Experience in working with targets and tight deadlines
|· Dispenses medications and surgical sundries ensuring the correct patient receives the correct medication regime and dressings etc.,;
· Listens to patients and gives appropriate advice on how and when to take medications with appropriate advice on adverse reactions;
· Ensures that the labeling is stable and sure with the correct instructions clearly defined;
· Ensures that medications are appropriate to the patient’s medical/ surgical history;
· Any medical ,drug related discrepancies are resolved with the prescribing Medical Officer before dispensing the prescription;
· To ensure that stock levels are maintained on the shelves;
· To compound and mix creams, lotions and disinfectants under the supervision of the Pharmacist;
· To ensure that the Emergency Drug Cupboard is restocked daily;
· To record all activities on the computer;
· To ensure that ward, department levels of medications and surgical sundries are replenished according to Policies and Procedures/ Guidelines;
· Ensures his/her participation in orientation and induction programmes, annual mandatory training, appraisal, continuing professional development linked to his/her individual training needs and clinical governance;
· Participate in the monitoring of demand & supply of drugs and other pharmaceutical items;
· Participate in material management techniques to ensure acquisition of medications , surgical sundries and other stores under the governance of the department is consistent with usage in the wards and units of the hospital;
· Maintains special security storage arrangements for the narcotics and psychotropic drugs, also ensuring the proper application of Ministry of Health policies regarding issues and endorsement of narcotics and psychotropic drugs;
· Correctly follows control system for highly addictive medications through registers, the number of signatures required and designated locked areas;
· Correctly follows the system that monitors medications that perform the same function;
· Daily monitors the physical structure of the Pharmacy to ensure the integrity of the area, e.g. burglar alarms, smoke and fire alarms, reinforced window and door guards and unobstructed entry doors and exits.
How to Apply: Join us and take on the challenge to provide Patient Cantered Care.
Qualified candidates should send their cover letter, curriculum vitae and academic credentials, National ID, Recommendation letter from previous employer and criminal record, valid licence to practice (Clinical Staff) to the above mentioned link by October 25th 2022.
KFH is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer a competitive Total Rewards Program.
Dr. ZERIHUN ABEBE
89 total views, 1 views today