University of Toronto 2022 Lester B. Pearson Scholarship Program for International Students: (Deadline 30 November 2022)
The Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship Program at the University of Toronto intends to provide opportunities for excellent international students who display special academic success and creativity as well as who are notable in the school as leaders. Equally, the students must prove the special impact they have had on the life of their school and community, and their future potential to contribute positively to the global community.
Given yearly, the scholarships aim to recognize outstanding students from all over the world. Included are international students studying at Canadian high schools. Undoubtedly, this is the University of Toronto’s most important and competitive scholarship for international students. For that reason, each year, approximately 37 students will be named Lester B. Pearson Scholars.
About University of Toronto
Founded in 1827, the University of Toronto has evolved into Canada’s leading institution of learning, discovery and knowledge creation. We are proud to be one of the world’s top research-intensive universities, driven to invent and innovate.
Lester B. Pearson Scholarship Program
- Type Undergraduate
- Organisation University of Toronto
- Country to study Canada
- School to study University of Toronto
- Course to study Not specified
- State of Origin
- Gender Men and Women
- Application Deadline November 30, 2022
Aim and Benefits of Lester B. Pearson Scholarship Program
The Lester B Pearson International Scholarship will cover the tuition, books, incidental fees as well as full residence support for the duration of the program, which is four years
Requirements for Lester B. Pearson Scholarship Program Qualification
An international student nominated by their school will be invited to submit an application to the Lester B Pearson International Scholarship program. Here, an eligible candidate is:
- an international student (i.e. a non-Canadian requiring a study permit)
- an original and creative thinker
- committed to school and community
- a high achiever in academic and creative pursuits
- have demonstrated strong leadership skills
- enthusiastic about learning and intellectual exploration
- currently in their final year of secondary school or have graduated no earlier than June 2021
- intending to begin university in the upcoming academic year (students already attending post-secondary studies cannot be considered; students starting their studies in January 2021 at another post-secondary institution cannot be considered)
November 30, 2022
How to Apply
To apply, you will need to:
- Receive a nomination from your school (High schools not already contacted/verified are asked to submit an application to participate in our program, available here.(external link))(external link)
- Apply to study at the University of Toronto(external link) to begin your studies in 2023 and complete your application for admission by the appropriate deadlines(external link). Please be advised that you will be considered for the Pearson Scholarship for your first choice of program at U of T. You may apply for several programs and may receive admission to them all; however, the Pearson Scholarship, if awarded to you, would be restricted to your first choice of program at U of T at the time our scholarship decisions are made.
- Once we’ve received a nomination and you’ve applied to the university, you can complete the online Lester B. Pearson Scholarship application.
For more details, visit University of Toronto website.
100 total views, 1 views today